Research Analyst (part-time) in our Cleveland office
H&LA is a boutique hospitality consulting firm that specializes in appraisals, feasibility studies, economic impact studies, and other consulting reports for hotels, resorts, waterparks, casinos, conference and convention centers, golf courses, ski resorts, and other leisure real estate. With a focus on hospitality, H&LA offers a great team of people in a collaborative environment. As a small firm, we value the input of our staff and the unique contributions of each team member.
Hotel & Leisure Advisors is seeking an efficient, detail-oriented research analyst to join our organization. In this position, you will research, compile, and analyze information relating to various sectors of the hospitality industry. Your specific activities will include conducting research, drafting report content, and reviewing/proofreading reports prior to submission to clients.
- Edit reports and proposals for grammatical, mathematical, and formatting errors
- Work independently using problem-solving skills to conduct research and write sections of reports
- Determine best research and reporting methods to use for various hospitality related projects
- Conduct market area research
- Collect data from online and print sources to update files and databases
- Provide backup for Senior Research Analyst when needed
- Draft and conduct online surveys, collecting data and analyzing results
- Other research and administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (e.g., English, Library Science, or Journalism)
- Strong report writing and analytical skills
- Internet research proficiency
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint capabilities
- Interest in the hospitality and travel industry a plus
Qualified applicants will be asked to demonstrate their proofreading and Word skills on a small report sample.
Flexible 20-25 hours per week in a hybrid (in-office/work-from-home) environment.
Pay scale: $24-$27/hour and will be commensurate with experience. Eligible for additional triannual and year end bonuses after one year of employment.
Benefits include participation in SIMPLE-IRA retirement plan and paid time off. Ensuring our commitment to a work/life balance, H&LA offers a family-friendly, flexible work environment in downtown Lakewood, Ohio.