Congratulations to our client, Wilderness Resorts and Waterparks on the announcement of their newest addition to Wilderness at the Smokies, Soaky Mountain Waterpark. H&LA completed the feasibility study for this expansion and we wish our client best of luck on this exciting expansion in 2020!
Published by: Maggie Jones/Knoxville News Sentinel
Published date: July 2019
A new 50-acre outdoor water park is coming to Sevierville.
The Wilderness Resorts and Waterparks ownership group, which owns Wilderness at the Smokies Resort, announced its new attraction, Soaky Mountain Waterpark, in a press release Monday morning.
Soaky Mountain Waterpark will be located across the street and up the hill from the Sevierville Convention Center and Wilderness at the Smokies Resort in Sevierville, according to the press release.
The Sevierville Convention Center and Wilderness at the Smokies Resort both are at the intersection of Old Knoxville Highway and Gists Creek Road.
No opening date for Soaky Mountain Waterpark has been set.
“It will be dependent on the weather this year as to whether or not we can open in 2020,” said to Heidi Fendos, publicist for Wilderness at the Smokies Resort.
Several attractions are planned for the waterpark. Here’s a list, according to the press release.
- 35,000-square-foot wave pool capable of making waves up to 6 feet high
- 24,000-square-foot winding wave river
- Kids play-and-spray area with multiple slides
- Kid friendly activity pool
- Adventure pool with WIBIT inflatable water obstacle course
- Flat-water cabana pool for relaxing
- Double FlowRider surf simulator
- Four large slide complexes
- One-of-a-kind water coaster
- Family tower ride with two five-person raft rides
- Tubing tower with five flumes that feature two-person tubing experiences
- Two high-intensity body slides
- A four-lane, head-first mat racing slide.
He added it is likely that Wilderness at the Smokies Resort guests will get preferred pricing on Soaky Mountain Waterpark admission.
“We are excited to be bringing another quality attraction to the popular Smoky Mountain tourist region. Soaky Mountain Waterpark is going to be an amazing destination for families with children of all ages to enjoy,” said Eck in the release.
Wilderness Resorts and Waterparks also owns and operates Wilderness Resort, Glacier Canyon Lodge and Wilderness on the Lake in Wisconsin Dells.
To read the article at the Knoxville News Sentinel, click here.