As many parks and attractions begin to reopen in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, IAAPA has offered some guidelines for operators that will help ensure safety among guests. Some topline considerations include:
- Allow healthy people to enjoy the facility and encourage the use of masks/face coverings for guests and staff.
- Provide means to wash/sanitize hands frequently.
- Manage density of people within the facility to keep people or family units that have been isolating together 6 feet (2 meters) apart. Physical distancing guidelines may vary by region and can be reduced by wearing of masks/ face coverings—ensure your plan is aligned with local official guidance.
- Reduce touch areas where possible and sanitize high touch surfaces frequently.
- Protect employees with various approaches, including barriers, protective coverings, and distancing.
- Communicate with employees and guests effectively on how to prevent the spread of germs.
- Have a plan in the event a guest or employee falls ill on site.
IAAPA’s full guidelines can be found here.